- What Counties accept NorCal MedTac as CCW Training?
- Where is the current Santa Cruz County Policy?
- New June 2014 Santa Cruz County Sheriff Wowak CCW Letter & Response Form
- Where can I find the application for CCW in Santa Cruz County?
- Where can I find the information for CCW for Monterey County?
- Where do I find information for CCW in San Benito County?
- I shredded my old DROS forms. How can I show proof of ownership?
- What should be in my three character reference letters?
- What are the fees associated with the process?
- Where else can I find resources?
- Do your courses count for the California Conceal Carry Weapon Permit (CCW) training requirement?
NorCal MedTac is currently endorsed providers of CCW training in Monterey, San Benito, Merced, and Santa Cruz Counties. In order to assist citizens in obtaining a permit we have created the following FAQ. The following classes meet the CCW training requirement: Four Hour CCW Class (held at Markley’s and you MUST sign up with them), Defensive Pistol 101, and Defensive Pistol 102.
The latest policy statement from the Santa Cruz County Sheriff is here: Santa Cruz CCW Policy 218 6/13/2014
This is a new letter from Sheriff Wowak to in-progress CCW Applicants: Sheriff Wowak Letter
Where can I find the application for CCW in Santa Cruz County?
Monterey County is keeping a good reference on their website of their application process online here. Please note that for initial applicants the hours required is 8 and for renewals the hours required is only 4. The monthly Markleys class works for renewals. We will continue to use it as well as add an additional module every other or every three months for initials. You can always take the 8 hour Defensive Pistol 101 class that counts for both initial and renewals.
Please see the San Benito County Permit Process outline here. Do note that there are typos on the San Benito site. It is only a 4 hour requirement for both initial and renewal regardless of site language as of 6/16/17.
Use DOJ Request For Firearms Records form BOF 053 (Rev. 02/2014)
1. Nature of the relationship
2. Length of time of the relationship
3. Acknowledgment that the recommendation is for a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
4. The applicant is of good moral character.
5. The recommendation is done without reservation.
6. Date, contact information & Signature.
While each agency can determine the fees the allowed by law max fees can be found here:
A good overall resource is the Calguns Foundation CCW Guide, although we are sure there will be a revision soon
Our NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home covers the national standard of CCW. We do add in specific CA applicable information and will conduct the live fire portion of the state requirements. In the end please remember that it is always up your specific CLEO to decide what training they do require for their specific jurisdiction.